Wednesday, December 10, 2008

When I found her.


When I got her she was sitting for 10 years and would need to be towed. When I went to see her she was sitting in the back of a lot. There was an old pool on the top to keep the weather out, all of the vents were damaged so getting it ready for winter was a top priority. There were leafs up to the top of the tires, and there were squirrls living inside! I decided to come back another day to clear out the mess and start moving her. When I returned the junk was cleared out and the squirrls were gone too. When I opened the dog house(engine cover) to see how the engine looked the first thing I noticed was the new carbrator. There is a 396 Big Block Chevy sitting in her. I put 5 gallons of gas in the tank and pulled my truck up to jump start it, this is the first time she has tried to start in over 10 years. With a few turns of the engine she started with a rattle, huff, then puff. She ran rough so I adjusted the timing and she smothed out, but there was somthing not right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

This is my first vintage motorhome restoration. I have restored cars and motorcycles, but nothing like this.