Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The way home.




I let her warm up for about a half hour and topped off all the fluids. I got into the drivers seat and put her in park, when I gave her some gas she rocked a little and stalled. I started her back up and tried to move her again this time she started to roll. I noticed she started to smoke once I started moving her. As I pulled out of the lot it seemed as though there was no power. I got her to the gas station fine and looked over her to make sure nothing was going to fall off going down the road. I pulled out of the gas station and started to go down the mountain the first obstacle was a large reservoir dam, it is a big and narrow curve. I crossed the dam fine except the dark cloud of smoke that was following me. The next obstacle was a up hill part of the trip, I decided to take the old road that runs along side of the main road. I got all the down hill momentum I could before the hill and started to go. About half way up I realized I wasnt going to make it, the engine gave no power as I pulled into the side of the road and she died. I tried to start her again and again with gas and starter fluid with no luck. I called a friend who came and gave me a push the rest of the way up the hill to a parking area where I left her for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

This is my first vintage motorhome restoration. I have restored cars and motorcycles, but nothing like this.