Monday, December 8, 2008

Loading Trouble

I returned the next day with plenty of tools and hours of thinking of the problems. After a few hours with no luck I headed home to figure out a way to get her home. I had recently started talking to a neighbor who had a small tractor so I decided to ask him if I could pay him for a tow. We measured his trailer and decided it was too small. He told me he had a big rig with a flat bed trailer so we headed to get the truck. Once we arrived at the motorhome we backed the truck up to the front of the trailer and got to work. The motorhome was incapable of loading its self so we tried the winch. When the winch wouldnt work we went for the tractor. We used the tractor to load it. First the front under lights got bent, then the motorhome botomed out and broke the fresh water tank, and last the tractor pushed the motorhome too far and it ran into the front of the trailer. All of the damage was minor, at least she got home in one piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

This is my first vintage motorhome restoration. I have restored cars and motorcycles, but nothing like this.